Friday 4 December 2015

BI1: The Merits of De-Extinction

Hello! Today marks the first step into a new blog for me. Every Friday, I'll be posting a new infographic about something related to conservation. It will range from presenting journal or news articles to conference reports or my own viewpoints on issues of conservation interest. My first infographic is on a topic which is always a good talking point, namely de-extinction, or the revival of extinct species. This infographic concentrates on the merits of de-extinction, and next week's will examine some of the potential drawbacks and factors which mean it might not be feasible. This is as large as I can upload it on Blogger, but it should stand up fairly well to being zoomed in on. If you're reading on a mobile, clicking on the infographic should pull up a better res version. Any thoughts, suggestions or comments always very welcome at alexanderjmorrice@gmail.com.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. The Jurassic Park scenario worries me. Shouldn't we just leave well alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is an understandable worry, but any de-extinction would theoretically take place in a very controlled environment at first with species that would be less likely to be dangerous, so hopefully no risk!

      Delete